Another short one this week. I’m rather down and out as I’m suffering with shingles. I’ve never had it before and I’m in a fair amount of pain and discomfort with it, as well as being really tired the last few days since the rash came out. I honestly wouldn’t wish it on anyone! I’m also completely terrified that Georgia is going to get Chicken Pox over Christmas, which would just be awful as we’re travelling to the Isle of Man this year.
I haven’t done much making and I still have loads to do. I hope to be feeling better by the end of the week so that I can just plough through all I have to do at the weekend, which brings me on to what to do if you want to give a handmade gift but haven’t the time to make it yourself.
Here’s a little list of my favourite Crafters and small businesses that definitely deserve a look around for beautiful handmade gifts. Whilst some definitely do bespoke items, it’ll be too late to get them in time for Christmas, but check out what they do have on offer to get to you in time for Christmas.
- The Lapwing and the Lark – specialises in vintage interiors that include lampshades, antique chairs, cushions, firescreens and footstools.
- The York Makery – A really lovely shop based here in York that have lots of gifts and kits on offer for those that want to learn to knit, crochet, sew and more. Whilst there are more items in the shop, there’s still a few things on the website to fulfil those last minute needs.
- Elly Jules – Uses Organic fabrics to create cushions, handbags and table-ware’s. Her latest creations “Beasties in Bonnets” is simply wonderful and a must have for any animal lover.
- Williams Handmade – offer personalised leather items from glasses cases, hip flasks and bags.
- Two Pigtails Crochet – creates stunning crochet items; the most delightful coin purses, wallets and phone holders. Based in Russia, so if you want to snap something up in time for Christmas, be sure to order ASAP
Whilst it’s completely wonderful to give gifts to our loved ones and share an amazing meal, it’s really hard to ignore the fact that there are more and more people that are going without.
I try not to watch the news and I do bury my head a little about what’s going on all over the world because it hurts my heart, but is becoming more and more rife here in the UK. Families, even those with “good” jobs are struggling to make ends meet, pay bills and feed themselves. We live with my Mother in Law because things are financially difficult and it’s so easy to see that a lot of us are one payday away from homelessness.
I don’t have much to give, but I have made another Roxy Wallet, this time to celebrate New Year.
I’m not giving this wallet away, but I have decided to put it up on eBay so that people can bid what they can afford. The money it makes by the end of the bidding period will all be donated to charity. I will cover the postage costs and anything eBay takes as commission. The full amount that the wallet goes for, will be donated to Shelter
I’d really appreciate it if you could share this and the link to the wallet far and wide so that together, we can make a little money to give to Shelter and hope we can help change someone’s Christmas this year.
If the wallet isn’t something you’re interested in but you want to make a donation. Follow the link above which takes you to Shelter’s website where you can make a donation directly.